1. This week I saw an old man getting totally clawed exiting the subway by this woman getting on. Yes, Chinese culture holds elders in the highest respect. But hey, all is fair in the cut throat game of public transportation.
2. I saw another person clipping their nails on the subway.
And, in related Subway Grossness News:
- Excuse me, China? There is a reason why toilets generally flush. This is the same reason that it is not acceptable to hold your child over a trash can (indoors) so that they can pee in it. (I thought the bum-less pants were cute until I realized what they were for.)
3. In the name of full disclosure, I feel the need to qualify my previous statement that my new batch of third graders are sweet and not, um, as Special as my last group (ie. dumber than a box o' hair). What I should have said is, "not including the two girls who have repeatedly told me that I look like a man." (It's true, I do look mannish in my glasses, but I wouldn't dare wear them for that crowd.)
4. And of course, The Neti* Update.
I had a bit of a cold last week, for which the neti is fabulous of course. And since you're my friends now (and by friends, I mean parents) I can tell you - you would not believe what comes out of there sometimes:
Okay, I promise, this is the last neti post. Then I'll start talking about the interesting things you all came here for, like authentic fortune cookies and lemon chicken and how Chairman Mao is "really a good man who just made some mistakes."